Have you ever wondered about using kitchen spices as medicine? It’s not so weird. There is no doubt that none of the food supplements can replace medication and improve health in the same way. But sometimes, these natural herbs work effectively and turn out to be beneficial for health.
Just like Cinnamon, Garlic, Ginger, and Lemon, Cloves are also one of those items favorable to health. You might have heard of lemon water and ginger tea, but what about clove water? Cloves are not only helpful for boosting the immune system but also work great for skin and hair.
Go on reading to learn more about cloves, their uses, and purposes.
ABOUT CLOVE WATER
Cloves are natural herbs that look like flower buds. They are used as spices in food, depending on the usage. Cloves can be used in solid or powdered form, based on one’s requirements. Whether it’s a proper meal, dessert, or drink, cloves can be used in all categories of dishes to add flavor.
Clove water is a type of tea obtained by adding cloves into boiling water until it changes color. The distinctive properties of cloves make them highly advantageous. It’s not just an ordinary spice but a significant herb that’s highly nutritious. A good percentage of vitamins, fiber, and manganese is present in cloves, due to which these herbs are known to be used for different medical purposes.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CLOVER WATER
Helps in Digestion
Clove water is very famous for overcoming digestive problems. It improves the excretion of gastric juices, which helps the digestion process to proceed smoothly. Stomach pain, uneasiness, and nausea can also be treated with the help of clove water.
Balances Sugar levels in the Body
The minerals present in cloves are highly nourishing. Some of these nutrients help to control the blood sugar levels. Diabetic patients can use cloves in their diet by adding them to some meals or drinks in the form of clove tea.
Relief Tooth Ache
The presence of Eugenol in cloves acts as a pain killer. They are used for releasing sinus headaches and migraine. Moreover, pain caused by wisdom teeth or any dental surgery can also be minimized with the help of clove water.
Similarly, like Ginger and Lemon, Cloves are also one of those vital ingredients that help in weight loss. Since cloves speed up the digestion process as a result, the metabolism of the Body improves.
You can also add garlic or lemon to your clove water. The mix and match of several herbs works sufficiently in reducing weight.
Improve Bone Density
Health never remains the same. It keeps fluctuating with time. Sometimes, you get better with medication, but you can not rely on treatments forever. Few alternates should always be part of your list for your health. The nutrients in cloves are beneficial for increasing the strength of the bones.
For anyone who is suffering from any bone disorder or has been through an accident, clove is a gem for them.
Allergies do not go smoothly, no matter if you are allergic to dust, air, or fragrances. Healthy and fresh clove water is helpful for throat infections. Nose blockage, severe coughing, and sinusitis all of these can be minimized with cloves. It provides relaxation to your muscles around the throat and nose.
If you are tired of taking medicines every other time you catch a throat infection, then try drinking clove water.
HOW CLOVES CAN BE HELPFUL FOR SKIN
The benefits of drinking clove water for skin are as follows:
- The presence of antioxidants in the cloves helps to reduce skin redness and swelling.
- One unbelievable benefit of cloves is that they help in anti-aging. Yes, you read it right. It stops aging by reducing face lines and wrinkles.
- Skin needs moisture, whether it’s summer or winter. It is also not easy to use skincare products constantly as they can be reactive. But a natural herb can never harm you.
- Cloves provide ultimate moisture and hydration to the skin, making it soft and smooth.
- The antibacterial properties of cloves fight against bacteria and overcome skin acne. The drink also helps to reduce pimples and improves uneven skin tone.
- ‘Clove water for skin tightening’ and ‘Clove water for skin whitening’ are some queries that keep pouring in frequently. Clove water does help to tighten the skin and improve its texture. Whitening is not promised; however, it brightens the skin’s complexion.
HOW TO MAKE CLOVE WATER FOR FACE?
You need to follow a few steps to make the clover water.
- Take any bottle filled with water. Then, add around 20 cloves according to each cup of water. If your bottle is filled with 4 cups, add 70 to 80 cloves.
- Shake the mixture and leave it overnight to settle.
- You can then keep the water in the fridge to cool down.
- Do not spray the water directly onto your face. Apply it with a cotton pad or mix it with water-based skin care products.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Are there any side effects of clove water?
There are no such side effects. Make sure to drink the water 2 to 3 times a week. However, overdosage may lead to uneasiness or diarrhea.
2. Can I use clove water on my face?
Yes. The clove water can be used as a facial spray or toner. It brings hydration and freshness to the skin.
3. How to prepare clover water for drinking?
Boil cloves in the water for 5 to 7 minutes. You can add honey or lemon for taste. Ensure that you drink the water when it’s warm.
Cloves are natural herbs used for flavoring in multiple food items. They can be used in different categories of foods like desserts and drinks. It is not like any ordinary spice due to its exceptional properties.
Most people need to be more familiar with the Clove water benefits. Cloves help in improving the digestion process and also reduce headaches. Besides that, clove water is beneficial for fighting against allergies and developing skin complexion. You may drink the clove water 2 to 3 days a week for effective results.
Also, if you are looking for a natural way to treat skin infections, you should give a chance to clove water. You can use it as a facial spray. Add this product to your skincare routine, and results will stun you. You might not notice a difference in days, but change is guaranteed if you stay consistent with the process.