‘Soft drinks are not meant to be healthy.’ Everyone has heard of this and believes carbonated drinks can never be beneficial. No one has ever searched for healthier options in such drinks, as every other health review claims these beverages are only harmful. There is no doubt that these products are unhealthy, but safer alternatives are available that you might not know about.
Olipop is one of those soda drinks that claims to be healthy. The brand provides around 15 flavors, including cola, lime, strawberry, ginger lemon, and many others. Olipop drinks taste similar to carbonated beverages of other brands. These drinks have 90% natural ingredients, excluding artificial colors or preservatives.
WHAT IS OLIPOP MADE OF?
Olipop ingredients include all the elements obtained naturally from roots and plants. Some items are obtained from marshmallows, casava, and cactus seeds, whereas apple and lime juice are mostly used with cinnamon and caramel to add flavor. These ingredients vary sometimes according to the taste of the drink.
You must be wondering if Sugar is that one item that can be found in all of these drinks, no matter the flavor. That is what the interesting part is. Olipop does not use Sugar. Instead, the drinks contain Stevia as a replacement for Sugar. Stevia is a natural element obtained from the leaves of the Stevia plant, which is known to be utilized as a special sweetener in foods and beverages.
ONE COMPONENT THAT PEOPLE ARE MOST CURIOUS ABOUT
Besides every other ingredient used in Olipop, Caffeine has been a central thought and has been discussed more about. Most carbonated drinks, especially energy drinks, contain caffeine for boosting strength and energy in the body, and it is one of the likable elements if consumed correctly.
Taking away lots of caffeine than recommended by the specialists could negatively impact one’s health. Talking about Olipop, some of its flavors, like Vintage Cola, contain caffeine, while most of its flavors do not have any percentage of caffeine.
Even though caffeine is consumed by every other person daily, being habitual of something hazardous to health should be limited. Sleepless nights, dizziness, acidity, migraines, and uneasiness are some common side effects of consuming more than 0.4 grams of caffeine daily.
IS OLIPOP HEALTHY?
Olipop did not just claim to develop a healthy drink; instead, it proved the product as nutritious compared to other sodas and juices. Factors that make Olipop healthy are:
- Primarily, Olipop does not contain ordinary caffeine; instead, it uses green tea caffeine in its soda, which is more beneficial. This caffeine is extracted naturally from green tea leaves. Not just this, these caffeine-based sodas are also helpful in digestion, as green tea is found to be rich in protein, vitamins, and other oxidants. These antioxidants also help to reduce the risk of lung and liver cancer. Someone who loves caffeine but wants to maintain health can grab their hands on vintage or cherry cola from Olipop.
- Another important component that is the most dangerous is Sugar. Take a deep breath and calm yourself down because Olipop uses very few quantities of sweets compared to other carbonated drinks, and most of the sweetener is used in the form of Stevia, a natural ingredient.
- Usually, soft drinks and juices contain around 0.3 to 0.4 grams of caffeine in approximately 340 grams of tin, but Olipop only has 0.05 grams of green tea caffeine in about 340 grams.
- Similarly, the amount of Sugar present in other fizzy drinks is up to 40 grams, whereas the amount of Sugar present in Olipop is up to 8 grams only.
- Does Olipop have aspartame? It is also one of the most asked questions. Olipop does not contain any other sweet compounds like Aspartame.
OLIPOP SIDE EFFECTS
Olipop contains high fiber in contrast to other soft drinks and is made with a combination of prebiotic and probiotic elements. The beverage can have insufficient hazardous components, so no such side effects exist. However, possible side effects of Olipop are as follows.
- Slight bloating in the stomach and uneasiness could be observed in someone who tries it for the first time.
- Since energy drinks are like a booster, overdosing on the glass can lead to nausea and loss of appetite.
- Heart patients, pregnant women, and diabetic patients could experience instant headaches initially. Such patients should avoid fizzy drinks concerning their health.
MORE ABOUT OLIPOP
- Olipop tastes the same as other cola drinks. However, it tastes a little bitter due to the presence of extracted elements.
- Around 340 grams of the bottle contains approximately 1000 milligrams of fiber and 30 calories.
- The price of Olipop varies according to the number of cans and the site from where the order is placed. Normally, each can cost around 1.6 dollars.
- It is one of the healthier options in the market among other carbonated drinks. These are the key points to take notes of for anyone wanting to know specific details and a genuine Olipop soda review.
Olipop is like other soda drinks but is regarded as one safer option to choose from. Its different flavors and combination of natural ingredients make it stand out from various soft drinks. Does Olipop have caffeine, and does it cause any harmful effects? These are some of the most asked questions due to its recognition as a healthy drink. Only three flavors of Olipop contain caffeine in a minimum amount. People who do not like caffeine and have a different taste can go for the other 12 flavors, which combine lime, vanilla, and caramel. Every flavor is worth trying that will instantly refresh your day.