There are many reasons why one would choose rhinoplasty surgery. Regardless of your reason, it is one of the most critical surgeries to boost facial appearance. It is also necessary to correct certain medical conditions that can affect your breathing and livelihood.
The nose is integral to facial beauty and appearance hence the reason for some significant nasal corrective surgery. But before you undergo surgery, you need to understand whether it is necessary for you or not. We live in a world of influence and desires; hence, before these factors drive you to undergo surgery, you need to answer critical questions: is it necessary or a good idea for me?
What is rhinoplasty?
It is a type of plastic surgery necessary for changing the nose’s size and shape. The surgery is critical for other benefits, such as boosting looks and attractiveness. You can also do surgery to boost breathing and nasal functionalities. This surgery is commonly referred to as a “nose job.”
How much does it cost to get a nose job?
Most medical insurance coverage does not cover rhinoplasty unless you have extended plastic and cosmetic surgery coverage. However, other insurance coverage can consider rhinoplasty if it is a necessary treatment, especially when you are involved in an accident. This is possible because rhinoplasty is considered a reconstructive surgery at such moments.
If you would love to get rhinoplasty for cosmetic reasons, you must get the nose job done privately. The costs vary based on the regions you anticipate doing the surgery. The price ranges between $2500 to $ 6500. However, it is more affordable in some regions, such as Turkey and Asian regions. For example, the average cost of a nose job in Turkey is about $3549, slightly lower than most regions such as America.
Do you need a nose job?
Before you consider rhinoplasty, you need to meet certain requirements. Some of these requirements are medical, while others are for fashion. Here is a list of people who can qualify for the nose job.
- Those with birth defects: If you have any congenital disability, especially those related to a facial or nasal deformity, the surgery can be ideal for you.
- The need to improve overall appearance: If you work in certain industries or desire certain jobs, beauty is critical hence you need to have some nasal corrections as part of your facial beauty. Jobs such as modelling, brand endorsement, and other fashion-related jobs may require you to undergo rhinoplasty.
- Nasal medical problems: If you have a nasal challenge, such as frequent blockage, damage to the septum, or accidents that leave the nose deformed, surgery will be necessary to resolve the problem and restore the nasal structure.
- Accidents: The nose job will be ideal if you have a broken nose and other facial structures. If you have burns, you can also undergo surgery.
- Disease-related injuries: Certain conditions such as cancer treatments can leave you with difficulty breathing; hence you need surgery to boost your breathing.
What does Rhinoplasty do?
You get different benefits when you undergo rhinoplasty. Here are some benefits of the surgery.
- Correct nose size and shape: It can correct certain noses that look large, tiny, bulbous, hooked, droopy and upturned.
- Fix the nostril: It will widen the nostril, enabling you to breathe efficiently.
- Eliminate the noticeable nose deformities such as dips, bridges and bumps on the nose.
- Beauty benefits: make your nose smaller or larger to boost the appearance, beauty and facial balance.
What types of rhinoplasty can you access?
There are different nose job surgeries you can get. The type of surgery depends on your needs or the desired benefits. Equally, the prices vary based on the surgery type.
- Cosmetic rhinoplasty: The surgery is suitable for those who need to boost their beauty and appearance.
- Functional rhinoplasty: This surgery is suitable for restoring nasal functionalities.
- Nonsurgical injection rhinoplasty: This does not necessarily involve one undergoing surgery. It involves using an injection (botulinum toxin (Botox) to fill nasal dips. It can be suitable for correcting droopy nasal tips or smaller bumps that do not need corrective surgeries.
Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty?
Once you have any needs that require rhinoplasty, you automatically qualify for corrective or cosmetic surgery. However, certain conditions must be met to ensure you undergo surgery. Rhinoplasty is just like other surgeries hence the need for precautions and further candidate assessments. Here are the conditions:
- Be in good health: You cannot undergo surgery when you have an illness that can affect recovery. You cannot also have rhinoplasty when scheduled for major surgery in a few months, or you just had one two months ago.
- Do not smoke: Frequent smokers are vulnerable to delayed or slow recovery.
- You should not take alcohol a week before the surgery. Since doctors use anaesthetics, alcohol can affect the power of anaesthetics; hence the process may be painful.
- Finally, you must undergo all the necessary physical and medical assessments and pass them.
Anyone can have rhinoplasty if you meet the right conditions qualifying you for the process. The costs are also friendly and affordable based on the region where you do the surgery. Before you undergo surgery: remember to understand the limitations. It will not give you the perfect beauty or help you desire, but it can correct up to 95% of your challenge. Register for rhinoplasty because you need it, be rational and ensure you abide by all the requirements.