As people want to look good and lead a healthy life, the demand for weight loss plans is increasing immensely. Many diseases are due to obesity and high cholesterol levels. Therefore, everyone should have a body weight according to their BMI value.
Medi weight loss program is one of the most effective weight loss programs available on the internet. It consists of nutrition-significant meals for a week. This diet plan is specifically effective for those who have a sedentary lifestyle. For example, if you work on a laptop 9 to 5, most of the time, you are sitting without any exercise. With the Medi weight loss plan, you can shed a few pounds without any physical activity.
Without further delays, in this article, we will discuss the Medi weight loss plan food list in the Medi weight loss plan and how much weight you can lose with this weight loss program.
What Is A Medi Weight Loss Program?
Medi weight loss program was constructed by a company in the US, which has more than 90 operational clinics. This program is a weight loss diet plan prepared under the supervision of physicians and nutritionists. Due to its positive results, it gained immense popularity on social media. However, some people believe it is costly and difficult to follow a diet plan.
In this diet plan, weight loss is the primary outcome, and maintain weight loss for a long time period. The food included in this diet plan is high in protein and low in carbs. In 2005, an entrepreneur Edward Kaloust, created this diet plan. The company claims that around 300000 people have lost weight with this diet plan. When followed properly, a person can lose more than 20 Pounds within a month.
How Does The Medi Weight Loss Program Work
For this diet plan, you will consult a Healthcare professional at one of the clinics of Medi. They will check your physical fitness and accordingly customize a diet plan that you can follow. For best results, they will also ask about your health history and perform a few blood tests.
All you have to do is follow the customized workout and diet plan. If your body needs some extra nutrients and supplements they will also prescribe them. The program is prepared in three phases such as
- The first phase, the acute weight loss phase
- The second Phase is a short-term maintenance phase
- The third and last phase is the Wellness phase
What Are The Three Phases Of The Medi Weight Loss Program
Earlier, we have discussed the names of the three phases of the Medi weight loss program but now let’s discuss how these phases work.
- Acute Weight Loss Phase
An acute weight loss plan is not a keto diet but because your body will intake a high amount of protein and a low amount of carbs your body will start the process of metabolicosis. The body fat will burn and provide energy.
The calorie intake is crucial for each individual and customized according to the body’s needs.
In the first phase, you do not need to calculate each and every amount of the calorie you are taking. Note how many calories you consume from protein and healthy food such as fruits and vegetables. The body starts losing weight quickly once the body fat burns.
- Maintenance Or short-term Phase
In the initial phase, since the motive was quick weight loss, fewer calories were suggested. But in this second maintenance phase, you will slightly increase the number of carbs and calories. This phase will help maintain weight loss and prevent nutritional deficiency.
- Long-term Wellness Phase
Once you have reached your desired weight loss goal, it is essential to maintain it lifelong. In the long-term phase, you can increase calories and carbs in your diet plan.
In the Wellness phase, the most common diet plan is followed with a ratio of 40/30/30. It means you can consume 40% of Carbs, 30% of healthy fat, and 30% of protein throughout the day.
Medi Weight Loss Week One Food List
Although the Medi weight loss program is customized for each individual, we are going to discuss a generalized diet plan. So following is a seven-day diet plan that will help you in your weight loss journey.
- For breakfast, you can have low-carb pancakes with one-fourth cup of berries
- For lunch, you can take a cup of vegetable salad, topped with chicken breast.
- For evening snacks, take one medium-sized Apricot or Apple
- For dinner, take a bowl of soup.
- For breakfast, take a slice of brown bread and Spinach egg with mushroom over it
- For lunch, you can have grilled chicken along with a bowl of salad
- For the evening, snacks take a medium-sized Apricot or Apple
- For dinner, take lentil soup.
- For breakfast, you can take a slice of brown bread along with an egg and veggies
- For lunch, you can have chicken salad with any soup of your choice
- For an evening snack, take some apples or apricots
- For dinner, you can eat protein-loaded Kebabs with salad.
- For breakfast, take oatmeal with a hand full of nuts and berries
- For lunch, you can have chicken salad with olive oil dressing
- For an evening snack, take a small cup of fruits
- For dinner, you can have chicken curry with bean salad.
- For breakfast, take low-carb granola along with a handful of berries
- For lunch, take fish with a bowl of salad
- For evening snacks, take 10 almonds
- For dinner, take lentil soup with a bowl of salad
- For breakfast, have low-carb pancakes with one-fourth cup of berries
- For lunch, grilled chicken with a bowl of salad
- For an evening snack, you can have an apricot or Apple
- For dinner, have fish curry or chicken curry with a bowl of salad.
- For breakfast, take Greek yogurt with a handful of nuts and berries
- For lunch, you can have grilled chicken with a bowl of salad
- For an evening snack, you can have an apple or apricot
- For dinner, you can have a bowl of soup with a low-carb salad bowl.
Food You Should Avoid During This Diet Plan
The above-mentioned foods are allowed in the diet plan but there are a few foods that one should avoid while following the Medi weight loss diet plan. Following is a list of foods that you should not eat if you desire to lose weight
- Processed food
- Food that contains high carbs or refined carbs
- Sugary beverages
- Sweet food.
Obesity can cause many diseases and weight loss is essential to lead a healthy life. The Medi weight loss program is high in protein and low in carbs which helps the body lose weight and maintain it. This diet plan is not well researched, however similar diet patterns according to many studies promote weight loss.
According to some reviews, the Medi weight loss week 1 food list is an effective plan for losing weight. However, there are some negative reviews from people as well who believe that the diet plan is not as effective as they claim. I would like to conclude there is no harm in this diet plan. Let us know about your experience with the Medi weight loss diet plan in the comment section.