Since electric cigarettes have become a style statement people like to do vaping more than the usual cigarettes. Most people are familiar with the side effects of smoking but since vaping is a completely new thing people have concerns regarding their impact on health.
On the Internet, people are curious to know the side effects of vaping and whether can vaping cause heartburn. In this article we will discuss the scientific connection between vaping and heartburn, how can vaping upset your stomach, and what is the role of nicotine heartburn.
What is vaping
Vaping is another name for e-cigarettes. It produces aerosol in the air with the help of solid particles present in it. There are multiple brands offering E-cigarettes in different colors, sizes, shapes, and concentrations. E-Cigarettes consist of the following ingredients
- Heavy metals
- Ultrafine particles that can enter the lungs
- Volatile substances
- The chemicals that can cause cancers.
No matter what age group or gender you belong to vaping is harmful to everyone especially if you are young, old, or pregnant.
Does vaping cause acid reflex
Yes, vaping causes heartburn as it acts on the esophagus and different gastrointestinal tract organs. By acknowledging the following aspect we can say yes about whether can vaping cause heartburn.
- When a person is vaping he or she often coughs due to which pressure is built on the diaphragm ultimately pushing the food apart. It results in acid reflux.
- When the lower esophageal sphincter is relaxed due to Vaping it allows the transfer of stomach acid and that is how nicotine heartburn occurs.
- If you are thinking vaping upsets your stomach then yes sometimes people are allergic to components of E-cigarettes. Once the component of an e-cigarette enters the esophagus it causes an allergic reaction.
- Vaping decreases the production of saliva which can ultimately cause acid reflux.
- Vaping makes the wall of the esophagus rigid. The wall loses its elasticity just like how smoking impacts the lungs. When elasticity reduces ultimately it causes permanent damage and the person often suffers from acid reflux.
How to stop heartburn from vaping
If you are noticing that you are constantly suffering from heartburn due to vaping then there are some measurements you can take for the prevention and treatment of heartburn
Also Read: 5 Ways Insomnia Can Be Treated
- Take medication such as antacids, H2 blockers
- Endoluminal therapy
- Gastric bypass.
Following lifestyle adaptations can also help you in providing relief against heartburn due to vaping
- Improve your sleep cycle
- Keep your head elevated
- Lose weight
- Do not eat anything before bedtime.
How Does Vaping Cause Heartburn?
Heartburn and acid reflux are among the side effects of vaping. Only the concentration varies but the side effects of vaping are similar to smoking cigarettes. When the toxic substances act on your esophagus they start irritation due to which the lower esophageal sphincter is relaxed.
The lower esophageal sphincter is responsible for the opening and closing of the GI tract. If this wall is not working properly ultimately it will cause heartburn.
Also Read: What Makes Best CBD Dabs Special?
We hope that in this article you have got the answer about whether can vaping cause heartburn and E-cigarette and heartburn connection. Although people say that vaping is safer than smoking cigarettes, in reality, it is not true vaping is as harmful to health as smoking any other cigarette.